Monday, January 11, 2016

The Road~ A Principle To Keep

?A Second Ago, Is truth?



Why is time controversial? Time has a privileged present, only now is real. Time seems to be the universal background through which all events proceed, such that order can be sequenced and durations measured.

The question is whether these features are actual realities of the physical world or artificial constructs of human mentality. Time may not be what time seems — this smooth unity without parts, the ever-existing stage on which all happenings happen.

To appreciate time is to feel the fabric of reality. What does this mean, time is "not real?" I have been researching on different viewpoints about different philosophies relating to time existing. I was able to get a good understanding of what was talked about. I was able to come up with my own "beliefs"; the three basic properties of time come not from the physical world but from our mental states: A present moment that is special; some kind of flow or passage. When I thought of this, a spark went off in my mind, it's not about the"time" that we were living through in the physical world, it's about being in that special present moment, nothing else exist; no past no future, it's all a created mentality. Bingo!! This is what I was looking for, so that I can implement this into my daily life, what's left of it. I have learned now to accept the outcomes of events/situations that I have lived through as a student, there's no going back, it's gone, simply forward, keeping the mental state in a present state.

This is the exact Principle that I want to apply to The Road and in general,daily life, is time real? Which in my principle that I chose is no, it's an illusion. In the book The Road, I see that a principle that could be used in the book, would be this one because as the father and the son travel along the tough path, they go through a mentality of time, trying to survive which is a big theme in the story. The characters have to go through a series of stages of mentality, dealing with time passing, even we could see that the characters struggled to contain their hope/believe of survival over a certain period of time. We can also connect time to daily living, where we can obviously see that time plays a major role in all our life, since the time we were born. So what if I told you time doesn't exist and that you shouldn't use the clock to manipulate your life. Well, that would be hard for use all to do, since we're so mechanicalized, it would take us a long time to adapt to that mentality.

I love this topic so much I ask myself questions that make my viewpoint change, the way I live, the way I feel, the way I learn. Its up to you to decide whether you want to see the change in yourself?

~Good Day! 



Some sources:


http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/is-time-an-illusion/


http://www.exactlywhatistime.com/


http://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/people/olivia-o-leary-the-only-currency-in-your-life-is-time-don-t-let-others-dictate-it-1.2490344

No comments:

Post a Comment