Sunday, September 27, 2015

Proctor: Hero or Stooge? 'Lets take a look'

Hero?

          Proctor seems like a very well respected man from my point of view from the first I read . But, if we take a look what we find out about him isn't so white after all, everyone has a white part to their self's even adults. Every one makes mistakes just like Procter did and in the time he was living through, well that's a bummer. 
         In my view Proctor is a hero, not only to him self but to his viewers, showing that he took the blame to him self , the real blame that he should have token at the beginning. Many may think that he's the stooge but, in reality Proctor told the honesty of all the blames he had did that started the problem first of all. 
         People may think he's a stooge because he was a wimp to tell his sins to his own wife or to the judge in the first place. In reality everyone makes mistakes in any point of our life and we also have a  temptation to keep it to our self's because we're afraid of what others think about us. Does that make us a stooge, we in my opinion no it does not, Proctor confessed it and he was risking his life to die for his family. Proctor wanted to keep his name clearly stated in the text of "The Crucible";(pg.135; "Because it is my name! Because I cannot have another in my life! Because I lie and signed myself to lies! Because I am not worth the dust on the feet of them that hange! How may I live without my name? I have given you my soul: leave me my name!. "
         Proctor tell use what he fells about him self and says to the reader that he is willing to die for the wrong he has comited. Proctor fells as if he himself would have been a stooge if he didn't at least die telling the truh. This to me is the symbolism that stood out to me in this whole story, it's what made me see that Proctor is a hero. Especial when people were living through these harsh and strike times  of religion. 

1 comment:

  1. I also think that Proctor was a hero because he was willing to die for the truth

    ReplyDelete